By requesting work from The Local Circuit, all individuals and business/corporate entities are agreeing to the following terms of service:
1. LIABILITY: The Local Circuit assumes no liability for damage to any property, loss of time, loss of work, or loss of data while equipment is in our possession or while a representative of The Local Circuit is working at Client’s place of business. Furthermore, Client releases The Local Circuit, its employees, ownership, or contractors from any liability for any data loss, hardware failure, or damage that may occur during course of repair, installation, testing, consulting or at any other time. The Local Circuit is not responsible for loss of profit or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damage occurring during or after work performed.
2. OWNERSHIP: Client must own or be an authorized agent of the computer/equipment that is brought in for repair(s). The Local Circuit will return the computer only to its owner or authorized agent when the work is completed. Client must own and demonstrate ownership of any software that is to be installed or re-installed on Client’s computer/equipment by The Local Circuit by bringing in the original software CDs and the appropriate keys and/or serial numbers. The Local Circuit is not responsible if client does not have original software CD/DVD ROMs.
2a. ABANDONMENT & STORAGE: Any and all equipment left over 30 days from the date of completion becomes property of The Local Circuit in lieu of payment. Said equipment will be disposed, recycled, or sold at our discretion. If Client requests equipment be stored for more than 30 days, a storage fee of $10 per day from the date of repair completion until property is claimed will be incurred by Client.
3. DATA: Data backups are the SOLE responsibility of the Client. The Local Circuit is not responsible for the loss of data due to hardware failure or software corruption while it is in our possession or while a representative of The Local Circuit is working on the computer/equipment or network. Data is the most important part of a computer system because it is often irreplaceable. Due to the process of repair, data may get damaged or at worst, deleted. Client may request that The Local Circuit back up its data (additional fees apply); however, The Local Circuit does not guarantee any backup. If data recovery service is requested, Client understands, even if the data is successfully recovered, there is a possibility individual files and directories on the disk may still be inaccessible due to wear and tear of damaged, malfunctioning, corrupt and/or old Client media.
4. WARRANTY: Client understands that The Local Circuit is not an authorized service dealer of any manufacturer, and technical support rendered by The Local Circuit may void manufacturer warranties Client’s computer systems and/or equipment. The Local Circuit does not assume any liability or warranty in the event that the manufacturer warranties are voided. Further, Client agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless The Local Circuit from liability for any claims, damages of any kind or description that may arise from any computer work performed on Client computer.
Local Circuit Warranties –
- Software repair labor is warranted for a period of one week (7 days from the time of service completion)
- Hardware repair labor is warranted for a period of 1 month (30 days from the time of installation or repair)
- Hardware items have a 10-day return policy with The Local Circuit, Restocking fees may apply
- Hardware should be honored by manufacturer for full length of manufacturers warranty
- Select hardware purchases have a 1 year in-shop warranty by The Local Circuit (more information at the time of service)
- Malware removals will be warranted for a period of 1 week (7 days from the time of service) Warranty will be voided if The Local Circuit deems that new infection was caused by end user and/or no mal-ware protection software is installed and running on Client computer.
- All warranties are deemed void if reoccurring problems are caused by end user or accidents, such as but not limited to, spills, tampering, surges, abuse, accidents, and misuse.
5. Virus, Spyware & Malware: The Local Circuit is not responsible for any virus, spyware and/or malware infections on a Clients computer or any damage or loss of data caused by these infections. If a Client requests service on a computer that is found to have a virus infection, the infection will be cleaned before any other service is rendered and the Client will be responsible for the cost of cleaning said computer.
6: CHARGES: Client agrees to pay a service charge of $90 an hour for a technician to come to the Client’s location for an onsite service call. Trip charges of $5 per trip for local service calls may apply if fuel costs impact business. Client locations that are between 14-29 miles from our office will incur a $14.99 trip charge. Client locations over 30 miles from our office will be billed $45 per hour of travel.
Minimum Service Charges:
- We offer free diagnostics on all in house work orders
- All on-site work, including diagnostics, is billed at normal time (see number 3 below)
- A minimum one (1) hour in-house fee of $70 will be incurred on all in-house work orders.
- A minimum one (1) hour on-site fee of $90 will be incurred for an on-site visit by a technician.
- After hour fees will be charged at 1.5x regular time. Holiday fees are charged at 2.5x regular time. (Minimum 2 hour charge)
- If a formal agreement has been executed between Client and The Local Circuit, those agreed upon prices supersede the above stated charges.
- Client is responsible for all shipping and handling charges, unless approved by The Local Circuit.
- Travel and/or trip fees may be incurred by Client.
The Local Circuit reserves the right to bill Clients if they fail to provide proper notice to cancel an appointment. If the appointment is canceled more than 24 hours in advance of scheduled appointment time no fee will be incurred. If the appointment is canceled within 24 hours of scheduled appointment time a $25 fee may be incurred. If the Client fails to cancel their onsite appointment and is not available when the technician arrives a full one our charge of $90 will be incurred by the Client. Clients agree to pay all fees incurred during both onsite and in-house repairs.
7: WORK & CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Estimated completion time for computers/equipment dropped off at The Local Circuit is between 1 – 7 days depending on specific repair and availability of parts, if needed. The Local Circuit will make every effort to return Client’s computer/equipment as quickly as possible, while maintaining a high level of workmanship. Please be advised, it’s Client’s responsibility to understand the impact of upgrades to the operating system, applications and utility software. Such upgrades can lead to incompatibilities and the possible loss of data. Computer hardware and software work together and incompatibility may not become apparent until a later date. Client is responsible for contacting the manufacturer of its software and or hardware regarding compatibility issues before they request any upgrades.
8. RIGHT TO REFUSE: The Local Circuit reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any cause we see fit.
9. HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Standard: Monday through Friday 9am – 6pm & Saturday 10am – 2pm (in-shop only)
- After Hours & Holidays are available by appointment only based on availability